Senior Systems Engineer
Job no: 493603
Work type: Full time
Categories: Engineering, Project Management, Agile, Defence, Scrum, System Engineering
Who we are? We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA)'s main business is Systems Integration for the Australian Defence Force (ADF), with an emerging presence in intelligence and cyber markets. As a leader in the development and delivery of systems and products to organisations, you will have the opportunity to see and customise some very innovative technologies.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Systems Engineer you'll have the opportunity to -
- Provide senior systems engineering services to Projects and Bids across the entire system engineering life cycle including conception, design, realisation, integration, verification, acceptance and support;
- Bring your expertise and problem solving skills to shape the development of systems within an internal Scrum environment while also meeting and working with changing requirements from a customer who works in a Waterfall environment;
- Be responsible for the successful delivery, through a multi-disciplinary engineering team, of the engineering scope within a project. This includes delivery of engineering deliverables and services on time, on budget and with quality acceptable to both ELSA and the customer;
- Be involved in a wide scope of engineering activities including systems engineering, design, verification and specialty engineering;
- Use your strength in your interpersonal skills, to understand it's not just about "what" is done but also "how" it's done.
- Be expected to engage and negotiate with stakeholders, to define, shape and understand technical requirements and act as a trusted adviser to the user community on technical issues.
What will ELSA give you in return?
- Exposure to the Defence industry
- Access to 1000s of on-line in-house training to further build your capabilities and also to help you grow your career into more senior roles
- A welcoming multi-generational and multi-cultural workplace
- Flexible hours - we understand you may have personal responsibilities outside of the workplace and will work with you to manage it with your full-time hours
Please read the below position description which outlines not just the experience an qualifications you will need but personal attributes that will help you be successful in this role. We look forward to seeing your application.
PD_Senior Systems Engineer.pdf
All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance and because of the nature of our work with Defence you must be an Australian citizen. For further information regarding security clearances, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend