Job no: 493635
Work type: Full time
Categories: Defence, Mechanical Engineering, Software Eningeering, Engineering, Technical Writer
We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia Pty Ltd (ELSA) is a growing presence in the defence industry in Australia. As a subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, ELSA develops state of the art technologies and integrates them into the Australian Market.
As the Technical Writer you will be responsible for providing logistic analysis services to the L200-2 Project to provide technical publications support of the ELSA equipment fielded by the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the L200-2 project training, publications and engineering teams to ensure consistency in products delivery to the customer;
- Undertaking technical and editorial review of technical publications and associated material;
- Contributing to and authoring L200-2 project Integrated Logistics System (ILS) plans and investigations.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- S1000D authoring in XML or SGML skills and experience;
- Technical Authoring experience in Defence or commercial contracts;
- Microsoft™ Word skills, including design and use of templates;
- Ability to employ configuration management to ensure released documentation is version controlled;
- Ability to interpret, convert and present complex information in concise and comprehensible Simplified Technical English (STE);
- High level of attention to detail, use of grammar, technical accuracy and currency of information.
- CSDB administration;
- Experience with the development of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Instructions (EMEI) for Defence or commercial projects;
- Development of:
- User Handbooks (UHBs) for Defence or commercial projects;
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) for Defence or commercial projects;
- Repair Parts illustrated Lists (RPIL) for defence or commercial projects; and
- Use of R4i product suite.
We look forward to seeing your application.
For more detail about the specific tools and responsibilities please read the below position description.
PD - Technical Author - Jan 18.pdf
Candidates are required to undertake a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend