Planning and Control Finance Specialist
Job no: 493640
Work type: Full time
Categories: Finance, Defence
We are Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA)!
A subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. We develop state of the art technologies and integrate them into the Australian market. Our main business is Systems Integration for the Australian Defence Force (ADF), with an emerging presence in the intelligence and cyber markets.
The unique opportunity
We currently have an opportunity to join our Finance Team in an unique hybrid role which will need planning and control experience coupled with strong data analysis, and a tax and auditing background to help make a difference to our bottom line.
This is hands-on role not a people leadership one, so you can focus your time and energy on helping build our management’s ability to make informed business decisions and make ELSA more profitable as it continues to grow in Australia.
We look to you to provide quality data and reporting regularly on related information to our stakeholders internally and externally (including our parent company in Israel), as our new Planning and Control Finance Specialist.
We believe the person who will take on this functional role reporting directly to the CFO will quickly become a valued addition to our small and high performing finance team.
What do you need to succeed?
- A University degree in accounting, finance, commerce or similar;
- Be CPA or CA qualified;
- Bring from your experience in financial data and its analysis (and their hand-s-on and advanced Excel expertise) feedback in terms of historical data and forward looking financial planning;
- Have experience with tax and auditing (ideally domestic and international);
- Be able to pick up a quick understanding of our financial processes and be able to demonstrate qualitative analysis of financial reporting;
- Provide and advise on more efficient and automated processes;
- Willing and able to take on hands-on tasks autonomously to help out the broader team as needed;
- Value reporting directly to the CFO who will support and mentor you through a big learning curve.
- You will be actively encouraged and empowered to ask questions, make bold recommendations and take smarter risks; and
- Demonstrate strong communication skills at all levels of the business.
Sound like the environment, culture and functional role you have been looking for in your next career challenge? That's great! We look forward to your application.
Please read the attached position description which details your key responsibilities.
PD - Planning and Control Finance Manager final.pdf
All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearances, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend