Test Automation Engineer
Job no: 493643
Work type: Full time
Categories: Agile, Automated testing, Defence, Engineering, Software Testing, Test Automation
Who we are:
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, established to serve the needs of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). We also have a growing presence in the intelligence and cyber markets and provide technology from abroad and enhance it to provide solutions specifically tailored to our Australian customers' needs.
About the Role:
All Candidates are required to obtain an Australian Security Clearance which means that you MUST be an Australian Citizen.
This is a hands-on test automation engineering role to continue with the establishment of the test automation framework and test automation scripting for the ongoing projects. You will be provided with basic training for the Defence type of System Under Test (SUT), and will work in a collaborative and supported environment with the team of manual testers to understand the scope of the regression suite to automate, maintain and uplift test artefacts.
The purpose of the role is to automate the existing manual regression suite and start executing the scripts immediately as part of a DevOps Continuation Integration/deployment (CI/CD) model as well as full regression cycles triggered on demand. The manual tests are available in HP QC/ALM. Our System Integration test team will provide training and support as required.
What you need to become a valued member of this high performing team:
- Be a self-starter with a proactive attitude to utilise the test automation skills to script tests using EggPlant test automation tool with a Windows based application as well as using other test automation tools for Web based applications;
- Be a passionate advocate for testing with the ability to listen, contribute and concentrate on the tasks the really matter and being able to work on your own but also be a team player;
- Demonstrate the ability to talk with test, system & software engineers, knowing how and when to ask the right questions;
- Interpersonal skills are essential with ability to work under pressure and within the deadlines;
- Be pragmatic and use your negotiation skills to influence others;
- Ability to stay organized and plan ahead.
- Have experience in test automation of Windows and Web based applications is essential;
- Show demonstrated experience both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and an understanding of the testing process, defect management, and test management tools;
- Have a degree and/or a significant number of years of relevant work experience working with various automation frameworks, environments, test scripting skills.
Please read the job description outlining the full job requirements below.
PD_Test Automation Engineer 18022019 Final.pdf
What you will get in return:
- The role offers an opportunity to further develop and use your skills in a highly dynamic environment where test automation plays an integral role in the entire software lifecycle;
- The systems under test offer an exposure to current and future Defence technologies. This means that you will have the opportunity to make a genuine impact, experience both local and international ways of working, and learn and apply new and unique skills;
- The company is a multigenerational and culturally diverse organization;
- Flexible working hours and access to 1000s of on-line professional courses;
- Paid parental leave.
For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend