Systems Engineer - Security
Job no: 493644
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane
Categories: Defence, Engineering, Safety Engineering, System Engineering
We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia Pty Ltd (ELSA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd and is a major supplier of Land and C4I systems to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). ELSA is committed to providing solutions and support services specifically tailored for Australia’s defence and paramilitary (HLS) operational requirements.
What's the purpose of this role?
This position contributes to the systems engineering of Elbit’s products being delivered to Defence to assist development of secure products, and to work with Defence to achieve security accreditation for the products according to the framework provided by the Information Security Manual (ISM) and Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF).
This work is done in the context of Defence systems, where the unique opportunity is to work within peak industry security frameworks and in close engagement with the Defence customer.
This means to be successful we would expect you to have -
- Significant systems engineering experience (particularly in System Safety Engineering and System Security Engineering)
- Experience in information risk management and writing the documentation they involve
- Previous experience or demonstrated understanding of telecommunications and network security, preferably with Government Departments/Defence engineering projects
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Software) or similar
- Ideally at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, GIAC, GCFA, SABSA (Foundation), ISO 27001, IRAP Assessor
- Experience working with software, communications and system integration projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to explain complex concepts to all relevant stakeholders.
A full job description is below:
Systems Engineer - Safety.pdf
What you can expect in return while working with us
- Being on the vendor side there is an opportunity to be involved in the product security lifecycle from requirements through design and development through to accreditation for operation in the field.
- Exposure to leading technologies and projects in the Defence industry with a growing company
- A multi-cultural and multi-generational workplace which values acceptance, collaboration and collegiate support
- Flexible work hours for work/life balance and family time
- Automatic access to 1,000s of online self-paced tutorials for your professional and personal learning interests
Please submit your tailored application showcasing your security systems engineering background via our online recruitment process.
All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or a Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend