Expression of Interest - Software Tester - Brisbane/Melbourne
Job no: 493660
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Agile, Defence, Scrum, Software Testing
Who we are. We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, established to serve the needs of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). We also have a growing presence in the intelligence and cyber markets and provide technology from abroad and enhance it to provide solutions specifically tailored to our Australian customers' needs.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
This is a hands-on software test engineering team member role where you will be a part of a new Scrum team in the established broader engineering team developing and testing new features for the ongoing projects. It will provide the opportunity to further develop and utilise your skills in a highly dynamic environment where the testing discipline plays a very important role in the entire software lifecycle particularly as it relates to future Defence technologies.
The job offers an opportunity to make an impact, think big, experience local and international ways of working, learning and applying new and unique skills as well as saving defence personnel's lives in the field by ensuring bugs and defects are found and fixed before release.
You will undergo basic training for the System Under Test (SUT), and as a manual tester you will work in a SCRUM team with product owners, software and system engineers and other testers to understand the scope and the backlog of features to be implemented.
This role requires a hands-on team player with attention to detail with a proactive attitude to utilise their skills and experience in quick learning and contributing to the Agile pace of the release train and will ideally based at our Port Melbourne hub.
We would be happy to consider Brisbane candidates who are looking to relocate to Melbourne as well. We are looking for the right person who wants to make a career with ELSA.
The day to day tasks include analysing requirements and features, designing and executing test cases, raising and retesting defects.
What you will need to be successful
- Some hands-on experience in the Software Testing Life cycle utilising Agile and Waterfall methodologies is essential.
- Some relevant work experience in the commercial environment understanding structured testing and defect management process utilising test management tools (e.g. HP ALM, TFS, Jira)
- A degree in a relevant field would be nice but not necessary thogh some formal certifications would be a plus.
- Ability to work closely with the system and software engineers, knowing how and when to ask the right questions.
- Ability to listen, contribute and concentrate on the tasks that really matter.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team member.
- Interpersonal skills are essential with ability to work under pressure and within the deadlines.
- A ‘just get on with it attitude’ and negotiation skills.
- Ability to stay organised and to plan ahead.
The company is continuously growing with an exposure to a multitude of various technical roles and skills with a preference for internal growth and opportunities to help us to make a difference in the defence technology space.
For a full job description please check it out below.
Software Test Technician final 150419.pdf
All Candidates are required to required to be Australian citizens for eligibility to get an Australian security clearance which is mandatory. Please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend