BMS-C2 Instructor, Trainer & Mentor - Canungra
Job no: 493667
Work type: Full time
Categories: Defence, Defence contracts, Training
We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia Pty Ltd (ELSA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd and is a major supplier of Land and C4I systems to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The wide variety of programmes ELSA is involved with includes battlefield digitisation, Battle Management Systems training and installation, Network Management Systems and crucial interfaces with airborne platforms (rotary and fixed wing), naval platforms, unmanned systems, EW systems and electro-optical targeting systems.
About the role:
We are investing in our people by providing internal opportunities to grow. This role will fill a vacancy left behind by one of the team following their interests and career path to another role within the company. Our experienced team of BMS C2 Trainers and Instructors based on the beautiful Gold Coast at the Canungra Army Barracks, are looking for someone looking to either transition from Army or who has already made the move but still wants to serve their country's interests.
This integral role will see you instruct, train and mentor Army personnel on their understanding and hands-on use of the Army’s Battle Management System (BMS) for better planning and tactical decision making in near real-time. You will be a member of a high performing team who are passionate about the role they play in helping Army to transform from an analogue paper based force to a modern digital one.
The battlefield network-enabled land combat system integrates with weapon systems in Australia’s tanks and future combat vehicles, enhancing Army’s Command and Control capability to make better and faster decisions and the ability to share information across the battlefield so they have access to leading edge technology in the field for stronger and accurate situational awareness.
What essential skills and experience will you need to be successful and thrive in this role?
- Understanding of the Australian Army planning doctrine and operational procedures that support war fighting capabilities from Combat Team to Joint Task Force levels.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader and instructor/training specialist in an adult learning environment.
- Previous experience with or a strong understanding of the use of Battle Management Systems in a military context.
- Technology savvy to quickly learn the BMS so you can build credibility quickly with Army personnel.
- Ability to mentor senior ADF personnel to apply their current processes and procedures in a digital platform.
What we offer you?
- A company that understands and supports the transition from defence to corporate culture
- A collaborative team environment working with like-minded and experienced defence and non-defence personnel
- Flexible work hours so you have that work/life balance and family time you've been looking for
- The opportunity to continue to serve with purpose
- Access to thousands of learning resources
- A base of operations with support from team members from a number of locations.
All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or a Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend