Technical Writer/Technical Author
Job no: 493678
Work type: Full time
Categories: Technical Editor, Technical Writer
About us - We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, established to assist the Australian Defence Force (ADF) with our leading edge Battle Management System. We also have a growing presence in the intelligence and cyber markets and provide technology from abroad and enhance it to provide solutions specifically tailored to our Australian customers' needs.
About the team:
This opportunity has arisen to join our ILS team as a Technical Writer. You would be joining an experienced team who provide high level technical publications to support the operation operation of ELSA equipment in the field by the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
What you will be doing:
As an attention to detail person, who takes pride in their work and its direct impact on their end customer (internally and externally) this opportunity will tick all your boxes because you will be:
- Working closely with the L200-2 project training, publications and engineering teams to ensure consistency in products delivery to the customer;
- Undertaking technical and editorial review of technical publications and associated material;
- Contributing to and authoring L200-2 project Integrated Logistics System (ILS) plans and investigations.
What are the key skills /experience you will need:
- S1000D authoring in XML or SGML skills and experience;
- Technical Authoring experience in a Defence or commercial environment;
- Strong Microsoft™ Word skills, including being able to design and use templates;
- Ability to employ configuration management to ensure released documentation is version controlled;
- Ability to interpret, convert and present complex information in concise and comprehensible Simplified Technical English (STE); and
- To be a team member who wants to help the whole team to excel and deliver.
Find out more about this important role in the below position description or call Susan Akers on 07 3632 1866 for a confidential chat.
PD - Technical Writer - June 2019.pdf
Candidates are required to obtain Australian Security Clearance and/or a National Police History Check. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend