Configuration Management Controller
Job no: 493679
Work type: Full time
Categories: Configuration Control, Configuration Management, Defence
Who we are. We are ELSA!
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, one of the world's top 30 defence technology companies. ELSA was established to serve the specific needs of the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
Who we are looking for
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and managing the configuration management practices and systems for the allocated project in accordance with the Company's processes and project CMP.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading and contributing to the day-to-day conduct of configuration tasks, including managing data, parts, software and documents in soft and hard copy;
- Liaising with Project members to resolve CM issues and ensure the detailed configuration of the product remains known and under control, and the product configuration can be accurately reported on request;
- Providing advice, support and training where required, as an SME;
- Assisting in estimating the CM effort and staffing profile for Contract Change Proposals or bids for new/additional business
- Supporting the Project Engineering Managers in archiving project CM records;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of relevant sections of the CMP; and
- Taking the role of Secretary for the Project Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
You will be successful if you can bring -
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in CM roles within an engineering environment OR in an engineering/ technical role with significant CM involvement including at least 1 defence project
- An Engineering degree or relevant technical qualification, or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience
- Significant experience in the use of recognised CM tools e.g. Team Center or something similar like Windchill, and associated databases
- The ability to obtain ITAR and NV1 Security Clearances quickly
- Ability to undertake domestic or international travel when required
- Self-management and resilience working within a dynamic project environment.
- Experience in working in and managing a small technical team
- Effective conflict management skills.
and possibly have knowledge in:
- Australian Defence contracting standards
- ILS & Production
- Design management and design control.
We will offer you:
- On-the-job training with experienced team members
- A dynamic work environment with friendly team members
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding and ongoing career with access to 1000s of on-line courses to enhance your knowledge
We look forward to seeing your application.
All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and be eligible for Australian Security Clearance which means you must be an Australian citizen or in the process of becoming one. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend