Multiple roles available for Junior Software Developers
Job no: 493702
Work type: Full time
Categories: Agile, Defence, Engineering, Scrum, Software Development, Software Engineering
Our parent company, Elbit Systems, is one of the top 30 defence technology companies in the world.
With a focus on software and providing the ADF with a top class Battle Management System, Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is seeking motivated graduates or undergraduates completing their degree in Computer Science/IT/Software Development or Software Engineering in 2019 ready to jumpstart their career in 2020. As our major client is Defence, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
As one of our new C#/.Net software developers/software engineers you will have the opportunity to learn and collaborate with different teams across the company which will build your knowledge and experience to ensure a long term satisfying career with a leading Defence Contractor. You will also be mentored and coached by our Senior Software Engineers at our brand new custom built office at Fisherman's bend.
You will have strong relationships with -
- Your colleagues across the development teams to create solid software design
- With all SCRUM teams to share ideas, internal peer reviews design and implementation
- The Systems engineers to design the appropriate software to align with their requirements
- The Verification and Validation (V&V) team to follow the required procedures through the development lifecycle and deliver required documentation
- The Software Testing Team to ensure quality code is being delivered to help protect and ensure the ADF personnel are making better decisions in the field and in HQ based on your code.
We are looking for strong candidates who have knowledge of:
* object-oriented design patterns and principles
* software operational design concepts
* computer program design methods and techniques
* writing program documentation
* software engineering design methodologies
* C# and .Net.
For more information about us please visit our company website. Please outline any relevant projects or work in your cover letter and give us the detail in your CV. We would love to see your application. Good luck.
Please note: All Candidates must have or be able to obtain an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding eligibility for a security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/Getting-a-clearance.asp)
If you don’t have or ever had security clearance we will initially have to obtain a satisfactory National Police History Check. This means that candidate’s information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend