Systems Engineering Manager
Job no: 492245
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As our Systems Engineering Manager, you will be working under the guidance of our Director of Engineering and will be responsible for managing the systems engineering function. You will be responsible for the quality and delivery of all Systems Engineering artefacts for each project scope of engineering activities including systems engineering, design, verification and specialty engineering. As a proven engineering leader, you will naturally enjoy mentoring your Team Leads and approximately 30 Systems Engineers (indirect reports) to develop their technical proficiency and will take responsibility of influencing the continued improvement and development of Engineering Department plans and processes.
What you will need to be successful
- Extensive systems engineering experience in a commercial environment. Defence environment – highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in people management of large Engineering teams with various expertise;
- Ability to manage the team of Engineers and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the teams including coaching and mentoring the members of the team;
- Significant experience with quality assessment and writing of engineering documentation and artefacts;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage stakeholders expectations;
- Degree/Qualification(s) in Engineering(or similar); and
- Need to have an NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend