Test Automation Engineer
Job no: 492256
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
This is a hands-on test automation engineering role to continue with the establishment of the test automation framework and test automation scripting for the ongoing projects. You will be provided with basic training for the Defence type of System Under Test (SUT), and will work in a collaborative and supported environment with the team of manual testers to understand the scope of the regression suite to automate, maintain and uplift.
The purpose of the role is to automate the existing manual regression suite and start executing the scripts immediately as part of a DevOps Continuation Integration/deployment (CI/CD) model as well as full regression cycles triggered on demand. The manual tests are available in HP QC/ALM. Our System Integration test team will provide training and support as required.
What you will need to be successful
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline is desirable or equivalent experience in Information Technology;
- Demonstrated experience in test automation of Windows and Web based applications is essential;
- Demonstrated experience both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and an understanding of the testing process, defect management, and test management tools;
- Be a self-starter with a proactive attitude to utilise the test automation skills to script tests using EggPlant test automation tool with a Windows based application as well as using other test automation tools for Web based applications; and
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, cutting edge Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of online courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as we find good candidates.
Please note: All candidates must be able to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearances, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend