Job no: 492262
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As our Product Owner (Systems Engineer / Business Analyst), you will be working in small Agile/Scrum software systems engineering teams where you will oversee the development of specific features into the software product and work closely with key stakeholders in the organisation.
Your creative problem solving will be a real advantage, as at times you will have to look beyond the obvious and have the vision to develop alternative architectures and design solutions and to convey that to the SCRUM team.
You will still be hands-on and provide software systems engineering services to Bids and Projects across the entire System Engineering life cycle including conception, design, realisation, integration, verification, acceptance and support.
What you will need to be successful
- Need to have an NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering (or similar);
- Demonstrated knowledge of SW Development and/or Systems Engineering;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle within a SCRUM framework;
- Hands on experience working in Agile SW environment, Requirements analysis and documenting detailed designs;
- Hands on experience as a Product (Feature) Owner; and
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend