Project Engineering Manager
Job no: 492268
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As a Project Engineering Manager (PEM), you will be reporting to our Project Director – L200-2 BMS. The successful candidate will be managing the technical aspects of one or more portfolios through the use of a multi-disciplinary engineering team. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of engineering deliverables and services on time, on budget and with quality acceptable to both ELSA and the customer. The scope of engineering activities includes systems engineering, design, verification and specialty engineering. This role will have a software delivery and integration focus and will initially support our Land 200-2 Battle Management System program.
What you will need to be successful
- Need to have an NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship and eligibility requirements to quickly acquire one;
- Degree/Qualification(s) in Engineering;
- Hands on experience in providing technical leadership to a team of Engineers;
- Previous broad experience in and exposure to various engineering disciplines i.e. Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Communications Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical/Mechanical;
- Previous experience in planning and monitoring the status of Engineering work packages;
- Have hands on experience writing procedures, reports and delivering presentations; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of working in projects, meeting deadlines and managing stakeholders expectations.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend