Job no: 492313
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As our Network Engineer, you will support the Communications and Network team with the design, development, testing and delivery of the tactical network solution and successful BMS version to meet customer’s expectations for army exercises and demonstration activities. This includes the design and implementation of network solutions for physical equipment as well as virtual environments to support the development and testing of Elbit’s set of products.
What you will need to be successful
- Qualification in network centric discipline (e.g. Computer systems and networks, Cisco certified Network Professional);
- Strong experience in networking protocols;
- Hands-On Experience in Layer2/Layer 3 Cisco networking devices (preferably with Cisco qualifications);
- Hands-On Experience in virtual environments configuration and maintenance (e.g. VMware);
- Hands-On Experience with Linux operating systems;
- Hands-On Experience with Networking scripting PowerShell or Linux bash;
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and multi-task to meet critical deliverable dates;
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and business staff; and
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- The opportunity to work with the latest tools and technologies on a web based applications;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we will interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend