Systems Integration Tester
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
This is a hands-on Systems Integration Tester, you will be part of the engineering System Integration Test team. Responsible for developing and testing new features for the ongoing projects. It will provide the opportunity to further develop and utilise your skills in a highly dynamic environment where the testing discipline plays a very important role in the entire software lifecycle particularly as it relates to future Defence technologies.
If you want a role that will make a real impact, think big, experience local and international ways of working, learning and applying new and unique skills this is the move you have been looking for.
This role requires a team player with a proactive attitude to utilise their skills and experience in quick learning and contributing to the Agile pace of the release train.
The day to day tasks include; analysing requirements and features, designing and executing manual and automated test cases, raising and retesting defects. Alongside the planning, establishment and configuration of Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) set ups. However, the role offers a diversity of tasks, where your tasks evolve and change with the requirements of the projects, wider business activities and integrations.
What you will need to be successful
- Monitoring / Troubleshooting complex systems that interact within and with external components
- API Testing, reading ICD’s and creating test’s accordingly
- Automated Testing using Selenium and Test Complete tools (preferred)
- Good Experience in Component, sub-system, system and system integration level testing
- Creating test procedures/test cases using test management tools (e.g. Jira)
- Defect Management using test management tools (e.g. HP ALM, TFS, Jira)
- Delivering projects within the Defence environment (preferred)
- Analysing software architecture and breaking down into different subcomponents for testing needs
- Web services front end and back end testing
- Good computer networking skills (preferred)
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- The opportunity to work with the latest tools and technologies on a web based applications;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we will interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.