ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
Our Systems Engineers aren’t pigeon holed but enjoy a level of flexibility to get involved in various stages of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including integration.
Our core system is the Battle Management System, which provides situational awareness for soldiers in the field, in Army vehicles and at HQ with all actions happening in virtual real time.
We have multiple permanent Systems Engineering opportunities for professional engineers within our business. These roles work across mainly Defence project environments providing systems engineering services to Projects across the entire system engineering life cycle including conception, design, realisation, integration, verification, acceptance and support.
With engineering qualifications and experience in Systems Engineering, Software, Safety and/or Electrical engineering, in defence or related industries with a focus on software, you will be taking both function and non-functional requirements, analyse and design solutions to pass onto our software engineering team to develop.
You could be working in our integration or general systems engineering teams depending on your background and interests. Those who want to use and share their diverse skills and want to learn more and actively contribute to the success of the team and to our defence projects will be warmly welcomed.
What you will need to be successful
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and requirements management;
- Hands on experience with Requirements management and developing engineering design documentation;
- Previous experience working within a software development project or multi-disciplinary engineering team; and
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, cutting edge Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of online courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as we find good candidates.
Please not apply if you have recently applied for another recent systems engineering vacancy as you will be automatically considered. Thank you.
Please note: All candidates must be able to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearances, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.