Defence Senior Systems Engineer
Job no: 493700
Work type: Full time
Categories: System Engineering, Defence, Defence contracts, Agile, Scrum, People Leadership
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
As one of our highly valued Senior Systems Engineer you'll have the opportunity to -
- Influence by bringing your Defence systems engineering expertise and problem solving skills to shape the development and delivery of systems to the ADF;
- Work closely with our Defence customer on their changing needs and requirements;
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of engineering deliverables and services on time, on budget and with a focus on quality acceptable to both ELSA and our customer;
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers;
- Use your defence background in systems engineering (or in engineering processes, procedures, capability and knowledge.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have experience with ASDEFCON and the TRAMM-L frameworks
- Have an NV1 security clearance or have the citizenship rights to obtain one
- Be degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Have demonstrated people leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a background in taking a lead role in system engineering activities
- Proven ability to deliver against time, cost and quality constraints
- The ability to communicate effectively both in talking to internal and external stakeholders and in writing required documentation.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, leading edge Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of online courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- Work in a custom built, modern contemporary work environment with views, car parking and bicycle racks and showers;
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and ever changing work environment that values your technical and people skills.
Please read the below position description and apply now with your CV and cover letter if you want to join our dedicated and professional Engineering Group.
Senior Systems Engineer_ST 2019.pdf
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or a Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend