ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
This is a hands-on software test engineering team member role where you will be a part of a new Scrum team in the established broader engineering team developing and testing new features for the ongoing projects. It will provide the opportunity to further develop and utilise your skills in a highly dynamic environment where the testing discipline plays a very important role in the entire software lifecycle particularly as it relates to future Defence technologies.
If you want a role that will make a real impact, think big, experience local and international ways of working, learning and applying new and unique skills this is the move you have been looking for.
You will undergo basic training for the System Under Test (SUT), and as a manual/automation tester you will work in a SCRUM team(s) with product owners, software and system engineers and other testers to understand the scope and the backlog of features to be implemented.
This role requires a team player (not a test lead) with a proactive attitude to utilise their skills and experience in quick learning and contributing to the Agile pace of the release train.
The day to day tasks include analysing requirements and features, designing and executing manual and automated test cases, raising and retesting defects.
What you will need to be successful
- Hands-on experience in the Software Testing Life cycle utilising Agile and Waterfall methodologies is essential.
- Relevant work experience in the commercial environment understanding structured testing and defect management process utilising test management & test automation tools (e.g. HP ALM, TFS, Jira, Selenium Java scripting).
- A degree in a relevant field would be nice but not necessary.
- Ability to work closely with the system and software engineers, knowing how and when to ask the right questions.
- Ability to listen, contribute and concentrate on the tasks that really matter.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team member.
- Interpersonal skills are essential with ability to work under pressure and within the deadlines.
- Ability to stay organised and to plan ahead.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship for the purpose of a Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.