Verification & Validation Manager
Job no: 493732
Work type: Full time
Categories: People Leadership, People Management, V&V Engineering
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
Reporting directly to the Systems Engineering Manager, as our new Verification and Validation (V&V) Manager you will bring your V&V expertise and positive and driven attitude to enhance your team’s capability and continue to build on our successful culture in this leading defence technology company.
In this integral role you will also have the opportunity to lead a dedicated team of ten (10) V&V Systems Engineers in the conduct of all V&V activities including:
- Requirements management (using DOORS or a related toolset e.g. ClearQuest, Enterprise Architect, JIRA)
- Providing services to projects and preparation of procedures and engineering work for our defence customer,
- Taking responsibility for the whole Verification & Validation process from initiation planning to release
- Developing relevant testing strategies, required procedures and reporting on any identified non-compliance; and
- Finalising of test reports to allow the system to be released.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Need to have an NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to quickly acquire one
- Be degree qualified in an engineering discipline or systems analysis
- Have demonstrated people leadership skills and a high degree of problem solving
- Have hands on experience writing test plans and related systems engineering documentation
- The proven ability to deliver against time, cost and quality constraints; and
- Ideally have a background in Defence systems engineering, V&V, software development, vehicle platform integration and/or communications systems.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, cutting edge Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of online courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or a Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend