Job no: 492250
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
Our core system is the Battle Management System, which provides situational awareness for soldiers in the field, in Army vehicles and at HQ with all actions happening in virtual real time.
As our Systems Engineer you will play a key role in shaping the development of systems within a dynamic, multinational company providing cutting edge technology to the Australian Defence Forces.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for performing the following activities:
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions to capture engineering change requests in order to progress requests to implementation;
- lead engineering investigation activities to inform potential solutions for fault resolution;
- develop technical documentation in accordance with contract requirements and technical data requirements to inform engineering change proposals; and
- Provide systems engineering services to Projects across the entire system engineering life cycle including conception, design, realisation, integration, verification, acceptance and support.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in similar role, however we are willing to provide on the job training to candidates who are looking to gain experience in Systems Engineering field.
Those who want to use and share their diverse skills and want to learn more and actively contribute to the success of the team and to our defence projects will be warmly welcomed.
Please note that this position is based in Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra.
What you will need to be successful
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Degree/qualification(s) in Engineering or Science;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle;
- Hands on experience with Requirements management and developing engineering design documentation;
- Hands on experience with engineering change management;
- Previous experience working within a software development project or multi-disciplinary engineering team; and
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, cutting edge Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of online courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as we find good candidates.
Please note: All candidates must be able to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. For further information regarding security clearances, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website.
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend