Job no: 492252
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As an IT Engineer for the Projects Support you will be responsible for developing and maintain existing deployment solutions and provide IT support to projects, mentor ELSA and CoA FSRs, support ongoing integration activities. You will also be involved in establishing our new advanced development environment with all latest technologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible in maintaining the Battle Management System (BMS) installation environments for various hardware and projects, creating and updating scripts for deployment of software components in various environments and platforms. You will work closely with our on-site and remote developers, systems engineers and testers.
What you will need to be successful
- Demonstrated experience in working with Virtualization technologies like VMware/Hyper-V and working with on premise cloud environments;
- Previous experience in working in Linux and Windows technology;
- Hands on experience with automation deployment using Ansible/Terraform/Salt/Fog or other common tools;
- Experience in working in Docker environment;
- Basic knowledge and proven experience of work with Domain Controller/ Active Directory;Have
- a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and multi-task to meet critical deliverable dates;
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and business staff; and
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend