ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As our Senior Mechanical Engineer – Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing Mechanical and Electrical services to Projects (including bids) under the guidance of Director of Engineering. Activities focus on maintenance of existing set of designs, investigation and resolution of issues, updates to design across the entire system engineering development life cycle including conception, design, integration, verification, acceptance, support and maintainability. Scope could increase from time to time to delivery of new platform integration designs across the company’s portfolio.
The scope of the senior mechanical engineer activities includes systems engineering, integration design, verification and specialty engineering.
Working as a part of multidisciplinary engineering team, you will play a key role in the delivery of engineering deliverables and services on time, on budget and with quality acceptable to both ELSA and the customer.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer with strong organisation and interpersonal skills, the ability to work with numerous stakeholders and manage multiple priorities with a flexible approach and a can-do attitude.
What you will need to be successful
- Engineering degree in Mechanical discipline (AQF Level 7);
- Be a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or be competent to attain this within 12 months;
- Previous experience in 2D and 3D Mechanical Design;
- Demonstrated experience in Design and Project Engineering;
- Previous experience working in or leading a multidisciplinary Engineering team;
- Demonstrated ability working on projects, meeting deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations; and
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter as soon as possible, as our recruitment process will move forward quickly.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.