Software Systems Engineer
Job no: 492283
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering innovative technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
As a Software Systems Engineer you will be working under the guidance of Project Engineering Manager and Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for delivering Software Systems Engineering services on time, within budget and with a quality acceptable to both ELSA and the customer. The scope of engineering activities includes Systems Engineering, Design, Verification and Specialty Engineering.
You will be working in a SCRUM framework, and will to develop specific features into the product backlog, write User Stories and see them through development into the Software product.
The successful candidate will be working closely with key stakeholders and will help shaping the development of systems within a dynamic, multinational company providing cutting edge technology to the Australian Defence Forces.
What you will need to be successful
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering, Systems Analysis or Science degree;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering lifecycle in Software industry;
- Previous experience in working in a dynamic agile IT Systems development environment;
- Hands on experience in delivering quality Requirement and Design documentation;
- Hands on experience as a SW Business Analyst, deriving Features into robust, testable System Requirements and User Stories within a Scrum environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of scrum principles and practices i.e. Scrum Planning, Scrum Reviews, and Retrospectives, Backlog refinement, Metrics and Reporting;
- Demonstrated ability working on projects, meeting deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations; and
- Have a NV1 security clearance or meet the citizenship requirements to acquire one.
- The opportunity to work on future focused, advanced Defence technology projects;
- Tailored informal and formal professional development opportunities, including access to an extensive range of on-line courses;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work and personal commitments;
- Paid Parental Leave and a family friendly ethos; and
- A dynamic, innovative, collaborative and contemporary work environment that values your technical skills.
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend