Software Test Analyst
Job no: 492319
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Categories: Engineering, IT
ELSA | Trust – Innovation – Excellence
Delivering high technology in Australia
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems, one of the top 30 defence technology companies globally, with annual revenue in excess of AU$4 billion. Established to deliver our advanced Battle Management System to the Australian Army, we have diversified into cyber security, unmanned aerial systems and land systems.
The opportunity and what’s in it for you
This is a hands-on IT Infrastructure Engineer position. As part of the engineering team the IT Infrastructure Tester is responsible for the testing and validation of IT infrastructure solutions for physical equipment, as well as virtual environments; in order to support the development and testing of Elbit’s set of products. You will be part of the established broader engineering team developing and testing new features for the ongoing projects. It will provide the opportunity to further develop and utilise your skills in a highly dynamic environment, working closely with the Project Engineering and Project Managers.
If you want a role that will make a real impact, think big, experience local and international ways of working, learning and applying new and unique skills this is the move you have been looking for.
This role requires a team player with a proactive attitude to utilise their skills and experience in quick learning and contributing to the Agile pace of the release train.
What you will need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience providing QA support in a deadline driven, application development and complex system integration environment
- Understanding the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Software Testing principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
- Software Testing management processes including defect management and tracking, and supporting defect investigation
- Creating testing documentation, test plans, test cases and test data for various types and phases of testing
- Requirements management/gap analysis, test scope definition, and experience developing and maintaining a requirements traceability matrix
- Experience of testing applications on varied platforms (JAVA, .NET)
- Databases and the SQL Language
- XML, XSLT and XML schemas (XSD)
- Proven track record for building strong working relationships
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to apply strong listening skills to facilitate issue resolution
- A motivated, flexible, creative team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines
- IT knowledge in:
- System Administrator
- Group Policy
- Basic IT Security
- PowerShell Scripting
- VMware Operations
If you’d like to join our talented and dedicated Engineering team, please submit your Résumé and Cover Letter as soon as possible as we interview as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: All Candidates are required to obtain a National Police History Check and/or an Australian Security Clearance. All Candidates are required to have Australian Citizenship. For further information regarding security clearance, please refer to the Australian Government: Department of Defence website (http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/)
For the purpose of obtaining a National Police History Check, candidates information may be provided to a third party provider/s.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend